Design strategy at athenahealth
As UX Zone Lead within Claims Readiness, I partner with the Engineering and Product Leads to understand the needs of our hospital revenue cycle clients, and help shape the design vision for core workflows in the Collector product for hospitals.
- Collaborate with product management and engineering leads within Claims Readiness to determine product strategy in the long- and short-term.
- Support and guide the work of scrum designers within the product area.
- Led an initiative within the Collector product to define a strategy for identifying, cataloging, and addressing UX debt, and socialized it throughout the R&D organization. Worked with another designer to create customized JIRA dashboards for tracking UX Debt issues.
- Conducted a persona character sheet workshop to create a standardized set of persona archetypes for use across Collector Design.
- Collaborating on product/UX visions for finding and managing work within Collector's coding and charge review workflows, as well as a vision for the presentation of clinical information for revenue cycle users.
← View all work
Establishing a strategy for tackling UX Debt
Working alongside the development teams and other UX leads, I helped create and socialize a new strategy for cataloguing and addressing Design Debt across the Collector product.
Creating context and mindset-driven personas
I worked with our scrum designers to move away from narrow role-driven personas to a mindset-driven model that worked across roles and jobs to be done.