Facilitating UX & front-end contribution within the Drupal community
Since 2008, I've been actively involved in the Drupal community as a voice for design, UX and front-end development. In addition to co-organizing Boston's Design 4 Drupal Camp until 2016, I've worked hard to help the community find consensus on UX and front-end development issues, and to recognize contributions to the project that go beyond code commits.
My role in the community has largely revolved around strategy, facilitation, writing, and organizing. Here's just a few of the things I've done:
- Co-organizing Boston's Design 4 Drupal Camp from 2010-2016.
- Conducting my graduate thesis research on the experiences of contributors in the Drupal community, including a survey of existing contributors, ethnography at Drupal contribution sprints, and an exploration of how French language and culture impacts Drupal contributors in France.
- Contributing to the Drupal Community Tools Team as UX Lead.
- Leading a Core Conversation on engaging UX and design contributors at Drupalcon in both Austin and Amsterdam.
- Facilitating a session with leading Front-End contributors to arrive at a theming framework for Drupal 8 (nicknamed the Austin Consensus Banana).
- Redesigning the Drupal.org user profile to incorporate and recognize broader levels of contribution.