Rearchitecting Berklee.edu to support a College-wide intranet
Berklee College of Music, an internationally renowned music school, was moving into a second phase of its site redesign. As part of this project, I worked with the College's web team to help rearchitect several areas of the website to support an intranet, messaging framework, and staff/student directory behind a protected area of the website.
Over a period of eight months, I worked with the college to identify and organize content, envision and prototype new functionality, and keep the team moving forward quickly. The result was a widely-applauded new experience for the campus community, and the growth of a closely-knit team committed to improving Berklee.edu. As part of the project, I:
- Participated in meetings across campus to uncover content needs, talk through requirements, and socialize a highly political project.
- Worked with lead architect to update information architecture for Berklee.edu, which included cataloging and reorganizing thousands of pages and files, representing the content of 98 departments.
- Created training materials and taught workshops for content creators on adding content to Drupal.
- Helped build the team, including referring a lead developer and a project manager.
- Worked with team to overhaul several key areas of the site, including: College-wide announcements dashboard and topic subscription mechanism; Department sub-sites; The College registration manual; and the Faculty/Staff Directory.